Server Voting | Vote Links

Dablakbandit

Dablakbandit

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome and thank you for voting for the server!

Voting gives you in-game rewards such as skill packs and voting pools.

Many more rewards to come in future, feel free to suggest rewards!

Ensure to type your Minecraft name in correctly (it is case sensitive)

Vote links:

Last edited:
Are there any of plans to expand the number of sites that you advertise on with the voting system?

Some possible random rewards would be nice. A chance to get bank notes, to note all alike items in your inventory and save a bank run. Or maybe a free skill pack or treasure chest.

I'm fine with the vote for double XP or resource pack being used for vote points. Other than that, the only thing I dislike is replacing random events with captcha means 0 XP earned by completing them. (more or less we lost our hourly genie/imp random event)

Expanding on what Catherby said,

The ingame inventory AFK check fits in the with the runescape/Minescape Immersion. It has the UI for ingame look and actually has a benefit to players not being a bot.

the chat afk check is terrible. takes away from the immersion and sometimes just doesnt work the way its intended to work, which forces a timeout on the player for no reason.

Only issue I had so far with it was when every letter keeps changing and I have to focus 1 by 1 to complete captcha. Like they cycle through random symbols before changing to an actual letter for 1 second, then back through the cycle of symbols again.

Welcome and thank you for voting for the server!

Voting gives you in-game rewards such as skill packs and voting pools.

Many more rewards to come in future, feel free to suggest rewards!

Ensure to type your Minecraft name in correctly (it is case sensitive)

Vote links:

done

I was giving it some thought, and to be honest, the only thing that players will most likely spend their points on is the 2x exp simply because, at it's core, OSRS is a very grind-y game. Makes sense to have dxp on as much as possible because it cuts your grind in half and makes it a little more bearable.

Your best bet would be to work with the vote-pool system. I think it should allow for an increase to the multiplier based on how many votes are received. This would 'encourage' players to keep up with voting for the server since the more votes you can provide, the better the xp multiplier will be. This would also mean increasing the amount of time players have to vote to gather as many votes as possible. Some quick math shows that players receive a .25 multiplier for every 10 votes provided, for a total multiplier of 2 for 80 votes.

So my idea is this: give players a .25 increase to the multiplier for every 10 votes provided. The cap would be a 4x multiplier. It would look something like this:

2x - 80 votes - 2 hrs
2.25x - 90 votes - 1 hr 52.5 mins
2.5x - 100 votes - 1 hr 45 mins
2.75x - 110 votes - 1 hr 37.5 mins
3x - 120 votes - 1 hr 30 mins
3.25x - 130 votes 1 hr 22.5 mins
3.5x - 140 votes - 1 hr 15 mins
3.75x - 150 votes - 1 hr 7.5 mins
4x - 160 votes - 1 hr

The only other thing I could see players using vote points are chests. If a player can log in everyday and vote for the server every day, then I think it is a good idea to be able to buy a chest with vote points. This would mean a chest would cost 56 vote points.

Just my thoughts :D

tl;dr

-Increase the dxp multiplier based on vote points given.
-Extra chest at the end of the week.

Back