Suggestions to attract and keep more players

W

Webjoch

I think these suggestions will attract and keep more players:
  • Give the website a more Runescape like look and feel. Also make it more organized.
  • Highscores like in Runescape. This will motivate players to level up to get higher ranking.
  • Clear instructions on the website how to play in this server. I imagine the server will attract non minecraft players. So instructions where and how to download Minecraft will make it more clearly.
  • Recommend mods to use. I saw some video where someone was using a minimap mod. This is very handy for a server like this, because people are already familier with the RS worldmap.

I think those points are very important before spending money on marketing. (Thats how I came here, through a facebook ad).

+1 for the Highscores. There are highscores in the discord but they are not as straight forward to use as say the ones on the RS website. Something like that would be cool.

There are highscores, but they only show the top 9 players. (Hit E > click on skills > then right-click on a skill to see that skill's highscores).

The recommended modpack to use can be found here: https://forum.minescape.me/threads/the-minescape-modpack.73/#post-597

I think the problem is not enough advertising but i also think that the dev team is trying. They hold contests every few weeks and they post the winners on FB, twitter, instagram, ect. Fans also create gameplay vids and stream, which also helps. Big channels like SirPugger have also made videos that showcase Minescape. I've met quite a few players in-game that started playing because of SirPugger.

Back